Fernweh is a new type of partner-to-management founded on the belief that by integrating world-class management know how (“IP”), technology, digital best practices, and flexible capital, we can help industrial technology companies in North America and Europe create “alpha” and drive accelerated, sustainable, and profitable growth.
Fernweh is being launched by leaders from several leading institutions including McKinsey. Some have worked together for 10+ years advising companies in the industrial and technology sectors on strategy, M&A, and operational transformation. Over the past decade, we have driven over a dozen industrial and technology transformations.
One of the reasons we founded Fernweh is our desire to extend this capability to the mid-and micro-cap industrial technology sectors. Companies in this sector are the engine of the economy, but often it is infeasible for them to access cutting edge management and strategy support that will
create additional economic value. Each of these companies has a unique context and history, and bespoke needs. We built Fernweh to help address these needs.
Our offering is comprehensive: We combine capital with IP, capabilities and domain expertise (industry & functional) to create alpha.
Key elements of our comprehensive offering include:
- $1B+ capital to support investments in growth and/or increased resiliency.
- World-class advisory support to help leadership teams drive transformative change.
- A bench of seasoned executives who can step into operational roles as and when needed.
- An ecosystem of technology partners with whom we can work to digitally enable your operations and make improvements sustainable for the long term.
Our approach is flexible: We deploy IP and capital as per the specific needs of each portfolio company and the path they choose to go down with us.
The options under our flexible approach include:
- Initially limiting our investment to being an engaged partner for fees, warrants and equity.
- Making substantial capital commitments and to contributing-management.
- Executing buyouts, partial investments, or “build-operate-transfer”; arrangements for portions of businesses that have ceased to be strategic or require capabilities that management teams don’t possess.
- Helping companies find the right capital or advisory partner for their needs.
In all cases, our commitment to the success of our portfolio companies is absolute and we align our interests with theirs. We only succeed as they do.